cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SG300 series and CDP

Hi,

I noticed that the SG300 series of switches do not support CDP.  However, will these switches pass CDP packets onto an upstream device?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

SG300 series and CDP

Canadianicon25,

At the moment they will not pass the cdp packets.

There will be a firmware release soon that enables cdp and textview cli for these switches.

As a work around you can utilize lldp to push a vlan and qos to devices in your network.

Highlighted
Beginner

SG300 series and CDP

without passing CDP packets how would IP phones communicate with the UC320 for registration and VLAN information in this scenario?

UC320 ---------SG300 switch---------SPA IP phone

any idea more specifically when the firmware update will become available?

Highlighted
Participant

SG300 series and CDP

The UC320 does not depend on CDP, the end device is a SIP registered device

The swicth will work without the firmware upgrade in the scenario you described

I hope this helps

Highlighted
Beginner

Re: SG300 series and CDP

According to the UC320 documentation (pg. 17 of the design guide) if using a switch with the 320 it must allow CDP packets to pass through.  I believe the 320 is using CDP for delivering VLAN information to the phones as well as autodiscovery of the 320 ( which cannot be disabled) and for registation of the IP phone with the 320.

If anyone knows where I could find more information about when the firmware update is supposed to be released that would be most appreciated!

Highlighted
Participant

Re: SG300 series and CDP

Hi canadianicon25,

As David has pointed out, there should be a firmware release that will enable CDP on the SG300 series in the very near future, however, you can still use the SG300 series switches with a UC320W.  Please follow the setup guide found on the following link to setup your SG300 switch for use in UC320W environment.  Partner login is required to view the document.

http://tools.cisco.com/s2slv2/ViewDocument?docName=EXT-AS-370390

Cheers,

Julio

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

SG300 series and CDP

The firmware supporting CDP, CLI, Smartports, and numerous other features has now been released. You can find the details here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17092

Ivor