cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 test etherchannel load-balance

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4

I have two SG300 switches connected via a port channel that contains two 1Gig links.  I have two video streams that I need to send across the link that are each just under 1Gbps, hence I need to ensure that the port channel is load balanced properly.  Is there a way I can test which link the stream will go down so I don't have to use trial and error by changing the IP addresses?  Catalyst switches have "test etherchannel load-balance",  does the SG series have anything like that?

Thanks, Mike

3 Replies 3

Mike Assel
Level 4
Level 4
After reading up on etherchannel a bit more, maybe I'm asking the wrong question :) How do I know if etherchannel is working properly? It appears to me that the port channel is up. When I have a single stream running I'm able to see the video, and if I disable one of the links in the port channel the video stops then starts again as the traffic is moved to the other link. But if I try to send two streams over the port channel, the video stops playing because of what I assume is congestion. If I stop either stream the other stream starts playing fine. So it seems like load balancing isn't working correctly.

Are you running both streams between same source and destination? If yes then you maybe need to change load balancing method of etherchannel. 

Different source and different destination.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X