cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 Vlan Interface state disabled

rhap4boyz
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to force VLAN Interface state to stay up?

I have SG300-10MPP with all ports configured as trunk port.  Some of these ports have VMware ESX servers connected.  The ESX servers communicates on several different VLANs.  However, the SVI interface does not seem to stay up unless there is a port configured to be on that VLAN.  Is there a way to fix this?

2 Replies 2

cristgon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello rhap4boyz,

Thank you for using the Cisco Small Business forums. My name is Cristian, I am an eContent developer and I am part of the Small Business Support Community.

I think GARP might be able to solve your issue. I found this article from our knowledge base that might be of some help:

Configuration of GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP) on 300 Series Managed Switches

I hope you will find this answer useful, and I hope you reply back with any questions or concerns.

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Regards,

Cristian Gonzalez

Cisco eContent Developer 

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Not sure I understand.  Are the VLANs added to the trunk ports?  If it is then it should show as up. If they are not, why would you need a VLAN to show as up if it is not assigned anywhere?

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --