Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 WebGUI URL-Rewrite

Recently imported a SSL certificate (*.domain.tld) to a SG300 Switch. Worked fine, certificates shows up with the correct name in the SSL Server Key Table (Security - SSL Server - SSL Server Authentication Settings).

But when i enter the URL https://switchname.domain.tld in the browser the switch rewrites it to https://IP-address-of-switch and the browser shows a (correct) certificate warning. With this behaviour it makes no sense to import named certificates.

Does anybody knows a solution to this problem/wrong behaviour of the switchs internal webserver?

Thanks,

Woger

4 Replies 4

agekov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Christian Woegerbauer

Hope you are doing well!

My name is Anton and I am part of the Cisco SMB Support!

From your description I conclude that you have successfully configured certificate on the switch which is a self-signed certificate. Since it is not issued by trusted CA browser will treat it as non trusted and will issue this warning message. I can recommend two options:

1. To generate Certificate Request ( CSR ) to a trusted CA which usually costs some expenses. 

2. Try to export the self-signed certificate you have created and include in the browser trusted certificates which hopefully will bypass the SSL certificate warning.

Kind Regards!

Anton Gekov
Technical Consulting Engineer – Level 1
Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

Hello Anton!

No, as i wrote it's not a self signed certificate. It's a valid certificate signed by a trusted CA.

And the problem is all about the URL-Rewriting the FQDN to IP of the switch when the WebUI is accessed from a browser.

Regards,

Woger

Hello Christian,

What is the firmware version?

Regards,

Mike 

Hello Mike!

Firmware is the latest 1.4.11.4

Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X