cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-10P inter-VLAN routing

Lukasz1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,  I am new one here and I am a  beginner of IT skills. Sorry If I started the topic which maybe was disscued.

I wolud like to ask you where I do a mistake or what's wrong with my switch. Tried to set up inter-VLAN routing in my switch but without success.  I set up IPv4 routing enabled; VLANs created and tried to add IPv4 Routin Table (VLAN2 with 192.168.20.253, etc.) and during this my switch does not show added VALN with IP subnet. It behaves as if it is hanging. I can not to anything as only switch off and on again my switch to start again working...

there is one more thing. Before it I thni k I sholud change swict from later2 to L3. Do I think that it should be done in this particular switch(SG350-10P) in this tab-->VLAN Management/Interface setting ?  If yes, I have done it but from GE2 to GE10. Can't do it for GE1 - becames still L2.

please be understanding and I am asking for clear help step by step. thank you in advance

best

Lukasz

behaves as if it is hanging
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lukasz,

thank you for opening a case with us.

I ca see that the case has been assigned to an engineer and she will be helping out.

I hope i was able to help you out.

Thank you,

Atul

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

aturawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Lukasz,

Hope you are doing good.

My name is Atul Rawat from Cisco TAC team.

As  far as i concerned you want to configure intervlan routing on the switch with correct configuration/parameters.

We can only use intervlan routing when we have different vlans and subnets. As this is a layer 3 switch it will work simultaneously on layer 2 and layer 3 , do not need to activate layer 3 mode.

To Create VLANs go to Vlan management>>Vlan settings nad then give VLAN id and name

Go to IP configuration>IPV4 interace>enable IPV4> add Vlan to the interface, choose ip address type static

Here is a video on which you will get step by step configuration of intervlan;

https://video.cisco.com/detail/video/5993974395001/configuring-inter-vlan-routing-on-sg350-and-sg550-switches?q=Cisco

Thanks

Hi Atul,

Thanks for you feedback. Yes I feel good and hope you are going well too.

Looking for your relay I have to check again my switch. The problems was I couldn't have created Netword Pool Table in IP Configuration-->IPv4 Interface.

If I tried to add to VLAN2 etc. static adresses and prefix and wanted to press APPLY my switch didn't created it as on the film you send me. It was thinnking and thinnking and with no success. maybe I attached a short film or pront screens to show you how it was. Is it ok ?

I really want to manage with it and understand this step. Make me sad :)

Waiting for your advice,

Lukasz

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for reaching out me.

i would like to suggest you that before moving ahead make sure that you are using updated firmware version if not then please follow this link given below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/sg350-10-10-port-gigabit-managed-switch/model.html#~tab-downloads

After upgrading the switch , restart the device and then try to make two different vlans having different subnet.

You may refer the link of the video which i had attached.

You may attached the short film if you want , happy to assist you on this issue.

Regards,

Atul

Hi Atul,

Just short question. I checked my switch and I have the lastetst version of switch firmware and it is

2.5.0.92 as stands it the weblink you sent me.
But where can I find Managed Switch MIB ? Should I update it separateley as did with switch firmware ?
If yes I will do it now ? Than If it deos not help I will attache a short film or screens to show you where I found a problem to go through....

Thanks again for support
Lukasz

Hi Lukasz,

Thank you for letting me know that you are using latest firmware on the device.

The Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is an Internet-standard protocol used to manage devices on IP networks. The SNMP messages are used to inspect and communicate information about managed objects. SNMP uses Management Information Bases (MIBs) to store available objects in a hierarchical or tree-structured namespace that contains object identifiers (OIDs). An OID identifies the information in the MIB hierarchy that can be read or set via SNMP.

SNMP Views are a subset of MIB objects that can be assigned to an SNMP access group to control write, read, and notification privileges of SNMP users over MIB object information. A view is a user-defined label for a collection of MIB subtrees. Each subtree ID is defined by the OID of the root of the relevant subtrees. Either well-known names can be used to specify the root of the desired subtree or an OID can be entered.

Here you have the MIB library, you can download it and then import it. You can then find the OIDs you need and add them to monitoring tool.

I hope this finds you well, please feel free to reach out.
Regards,
Atul

Hi Atul,

One more question. sorry :)

Should I import MID library in teh same manner as used during formware update ?

Administration/File management/File operation ? it is a folder with many .mib files when I ectracted it. Should I upload it as one file? if yes , how to do it ?

Hi Lukasz,

No, it is already there. you just need to find the OIDs you will be using.

You can download any MIB Importer Tool and the MIB files.

Then import the MIB files to the tool and look for the OIDs you need (for example system uptime).

Here is a link given below:

C:\Users\aturawat\Documents\MyJabberFiles\emladeno@cisco.com\How to configure SNMP protocol in Sx300 and Sx500 with PRTG Software.docx

i hope it suits you well.

Thanks,

Atul.

Thanks Atul.
As I wrote I am really a beginner and something is really not enough set in my switch as in attached video film how to do. As I had written before, my switch is still having a problem to add static IP address & prefix to the next VLAN_numer I created. If I try to add the second, third, fourth IP adress to the correspondig VLANs (VLAN2,VLAN3,VLAN4 just created before adding IP addresses) my switch is going to begin 'think' and 'think' and doing nothing and afterwards it hangs up I can not make any changes. Maybe , as you mentioned, it is MID problems... Will try to do it or if you want and can we can use AnyDesk to quick connection for fast checking? Let me know if it is possible...

Hi Lukasz,

Sure we can have webex on this case but for that you have to open up a case with cisco.

You can contact Cisco by clicking the link given below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

I hope i have been able to answer all your queries.

have a nice day ahead.

Regards,

Atul

Hi Atul,
One more thing, I can not use this link with .docx file. it has not been shared by you.
Lukasz

Hi Lukasz,

Now i have attached the file, you can open it and figure out what can be done.

As i have already shared you a link through which you can open a case with cisco if needed we will really help you out.

Regards,

Atul

Really appreciate. Will try to set it up.
Best regards,
Łukasz

Hi Atul,

It was created my case number. If you can please see

Case Number 688883714

Best regards,

Łukasz

Hi Lukasz,

thank you for opening a case with us.

I ca see that the case has been assigned to an engineer and she will be helping out.

I hope i was able to help you out.

Thank you,

Atul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X