cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SG350-10P - Switch-Wide Packet Loss When Static LAG Partner Uncooperative?

Hi,

I had horrible and intermittent packet loss across all 10 ports on my Cisco SG350-10P recently. I spent ages trying to diagnose it. Eventually I solved it by realising the Ubiquiti Unifi AC-HD access point did not have the option ticked "Enable port aggregation" so while my Cisco was set to bound the 2 ports into a static LAG, the access point would not have co-operated.

To be fair, the Unifi AP does say next to this option "Make sure to enable port aggregation on the downstream switch after enabling port aggregation on the AP." but I did not expect the issue to take out the whole switch (at best just the Unifi port I was expecting to see packet loss)

The thing that threw me is apart from a flood, why would one port be able to cause issues across all the other ports on a switch? I thought the switch was designed that 1 port should not affect another?

I presume that the Cisco would have been seeing an incorrect Link Layer presented to it.. but I could not see anything in the logs reporting this.

Most of my searches about LAG end up talking about LACP, which I have explicitly disabled. What does refusing to participate in Static LAG do that could cause a problem for the switch?

...and finally... is this a bug in the Cisco switch?

0 REPLIES 0