cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350-28P stuck in Factory Reset

cb8487090
Level 1
Level 1

I have a switch that seems to be stuck in the factory reset sequence.  I have removed power, applied power whilst holding in the mode button but it doesn't appear to do anything.  I am connected via PuTTY and can see all of this happening in the CLI as well as ever so often on the physical switch itself, all the lights on the ports flash.  Does anyone know how to get out of this reset mode so that I upgrade the iOS?  I should mention that I was only able to get into the web GUI once or twice and now I cannot.   Any ideas on where to start?  I feel like I have already tried most of the things I've seen on the various threads.  Btw, I am very new to Cisco networking and am currently studying for the CCNA.  Thanks in advance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes,I finally got it working. I removed the front cover and found the reset button to be slightly bent. I straightened and reattached the cover. Was able to do factory reset and update to latest rev of ios. Thanks again! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

You have to hold the reset button for more than 10 seconds. Please follow the steps in the "Returning the Switches to the Factory Default Settings" chapter from the quick start guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/350_/2_3/quick_start/guide/en-US/Cisco350-QSG-en-US.pdf 

and share the outcome.

Regards,

Martin

Yes,I finally got it working. I removed the front cover and found the reset button to be slightly bent. I straightened and reattached the cover. Was able to do factory reset and update to latest rev of ios. Thanks again! 

Glad you make it!

Normally the reset button would not bend until external force applied.

Regards,

Martin

cb8487090
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think you understand. I have already done as you suggested. It's as if the mode button is fully depressed without me touching it. It just keeps looping. Is it possible for the button to have been broken?

Hi,

In such a case, there is almost nothing to do but call Cisco STAC to further investigate. It is a likelihood that might be a hardware failure. Please use one of the following phone numbers to contact STAC and open a case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Martin