Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 Port forwarding between VLANS

Stavroz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SG350 with several VLANs configured. I want to forward only certain ports (e.g. SSH, or SNMP, ...) between 2 VLANS. Is it possible?

+-----+
    | UPS |
    +--+--+
       |
       | ACCESS 10
       | Port 1
       |
+------+----------------------------------------+   VLAN10

+-----------------------------------------------+   VLAN11

E.g. I have a UPS on Port 1 accessing VLAN10. I want to forward SNMP between VLAN10 & VLAN11.

Thanks,

Stavros 

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

just to clarify you want to access only between VLAN 10 to VLAN 11 for SNMP or SSH ? is this correct if so follow below guide you need ACL.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-350-series-managed-switches/smb5273-configure-acl-on-an-sx350-series-managed-switch-using-the-ac.html

if this is not the case, are you looking to port-forward from IP VLAN 11 to VLAN 10?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Actually the 2nd one.

My UPS is connected to VLAN10 and can send an SNMP trap to inform the clients about different power states. I want also that clients on VLAN11 can "get" these SNMP traps from VLAN10.

I had a look in the ACL and tried a couple of configurations…so far unsuccessfully… I understand the ACL implementation – based on VLAN implementation – as a rule within the VLAN(s) defined (right?).

In my case I need:

- port only routing between VLAN 10 and VLAN 11

- a rule for SNMP (port 161): (source) IP any, port any  -> (destination) IP any, port 161

- a rule for SNMP-Trap (port 162): (source) IP any, port any  -> (destination) IP any, port 162

Is this possible with a SG350?

SG350 is a Switch - so you would not get the functionality that you looking for (as per I know).

BB

If I "enable" L3 routing for both VLANs, then this would route "everything"...right?

yes, correct L3 Routing enables communication with each other VLAN as expected.

BB