Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350 Switch Edgeport on DANTE network

anghang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm working with AV company dealing with Crestron and Dante audio combo . I normally enable edgeport on SG300 and we never had any issues with Dante devices after reboot or unplugging/plugging devices to the switch. Dante controller shows all devices  routing after a switch powercycle .Since SG300 reached its EOS, we've started using SG350. With the new SG350,  if edgeport is enabled on Dante configured interfaces the following devices

• unDIO2X2+
  • Amphenol-Dante RJD11
  • RDL DD-BN22

wont go online after a reboot, we have to manually route them on Dante controller which poses a big issue when a power outage occurs as these AV racks dont have UPS. 

• unDIO2X2+
  • Amphenol-Dante RJD11
  • RDL DD-BN22

To prevent them from staying offline we actually need to disable edgeport on SG350 interfaces where they're plugged in  and strange it may sound, the above devices show up on the routing table after reboot with edgeport disable.

We’ve seen these occurrence in approx. 6 Dante setup with  SG350 switches.

Thanks for your time reading this, looking forward for any suggestions to solve this issue. 

Regards

Ant

4 Replies 4

mipopov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ant,

Is there a reason you need edge port?

Thank you in advance

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

We started enabling edgeport on SG300 as some Dante endpoints failed to show on Dante Controller routing table after a rack shutdown or switch reboot and it fixed the issue. With SG350, the result with edgeport enabled is the opposite with its predecessor.

Cheers,

Ant

Hi Ant,

They are different generations switches.

So I think you can use it like this.

Can you post 1 port config as example ?

I will be grateful :)

Thank you in advance

Cheers, 

Mike

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. Here is the config on one of the port 

Edgeport enable.PNG

interface gig 10
description DANTE-DEVICES
spanning-tree portfast

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X