cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350X 100% CPU Utilization

MartinStuka
Level 1
Level 1

In the network we use Cisco SG350X-24-K9 V02 switches (FW: 2.5.0.90). After 495 days they rebooted spontaneously, or their uptime was reset, but there is no mention of the reboot in the log (and also no interruption of data). After about 3 weeks, the first of the switches started showing 100% CPU utilization. The change occurred in leaps and bounds from about 3-5% to 100%. I read data from the switches via SNMP, but even disabling this service did not reduce the CPU utilization. The switch has 6 active ports. Data flow is about 4Mbps. No routing. After a week or so, the same situation repeated itself on next switch. These are in a stack of 4 and again the processor has been running at 100% since then. I would like to find a way to find out what the CPU is utilizing and could prevent these conditions.

PS: The great thing about these SG350X switches is that even with 100% CPU utilization, the CLI and web interface are still available. With the SG500, we could also get the CPU to 100% utilization, but in addition, it was no longer possible to connect via telnet or the web, and when the device was disconnected from the port, the device would not reconnect.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

not sure if this fix the issue.

1. as per the community most users having issue with SNMP - so disable SNMP and test it.

2. check any new Firmward available to update to fix the issue.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji, thank you for your time. 

I tryed to turn off SNMP (as I wrote it above) and it has no effect.

I am going to try new firmware, but I am a bit sceptic, because these problems last for long time (SG500 and now SG350X)

Make sure you take the backups config before upgrade.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help