cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350X-48P Stacking Issues

jannes.hicken
Level 1
Level 1

I want to Stack two SG 350X-48P Switches using the 1000Base-SX MGBSX1 Modules in two different Rooms.

The Switches use the same Firmware and I've resetted the Slave-Switch according to the Stacking Troubleshooting guide provided by cisco and only configured the Stacking Ports. This worked without problems using copper cables for testing, but not with fibre.

The default subnet 192.168.1.0/24 is not existent on the master switch because its already configured to work with our network.

Is there something im missing? Is stacking not possible with those Modules? If I plug them into non-stackig Ports they establish a connection immediately.

2 Replies 2

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sir,

My name is Puneet Sandel and I provide technical support on Cisco small business devices.

The SFP module model listed by you is fully compatible with the SG350 switch and the distance between 2 switches has to be less than 500m. However try using MGBLX1 SFP module with the switch.

Also it is not necessary to have the default subnet running on the device.

Kindly give us a call on the frontline team to get a case open with Cisco and we will definitely help you out with the troubleshooting as well as configuration.

Please check the link given below to contact Cisco frontline team.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Technical Consulting Engineer

Global CX Centers – Small Business Support

pouzarpetr04117
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

could I ask, have you found any solution of  this issue?

Thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X