cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG350X maximum uptime 497 days

MartinStuka
Level 1
Level 1

When switches Cisco SG350X-24 reach 497 days without restart, uptime is reseted. No reboot, no SNMP message, just counting from 0 again. Why?? I got more of them and all do the same thing. Using PRTG to monitor over SNMP. FW ver. 2.5.0.92

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks for me Bug, how about the device it self ? (uptime ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji, device uptime is same like PRTG over SNMP. 

SWITCH Web interface:

1.jpg

PRTG report: 2.jpg

I am thinking below Options :

1. Switch might have rebooted (some reasons)

2. Switch might have crashed and rebooted

I do not belive any evidence for you to look syslog, if you have traps configured Look at PRTG see any information.

if not raise TAC case as suggested to investigate for you.

BB

Hi, I am sure that there was no interruption of communication. So no restart (log is in debug mode, so all messages are shown). Rising TAC to try solve it in next FW.

i were you, i would go that route, since you did what you can, but still not clue for now.

BB

marioiram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @MartinStuka 

It seems like the switch did restart after 497 days, anyway I was reading that other Cisco products (MDS, WLCs, etc) show the same behavior and Cisco in those cases recommends to restart the devices before the 497 days or upgrade the code but couldn't find a specific bug on that platform (SG350X), I guess you could try checking if there's a good/recommended IOS version to upgrade to.

HTH

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Thanks for bringing this up. We haven't seen a small business switch with that uptime with no reset/power cycle so far. Please raise a tech support case so one of our engineers can investigate and/or further escalate that software behaviour. Contact details are as follows:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X