cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

SG350XG-48T Optical Module not coming up. Disable copper on the combo port?

Hi,

can we set the switch to use only the fiber media on Port 24/48?

Is it possible to disable the copper port on the combo Port?

We have the problem that the optical module switches off as soon as an optical signal is lost.
Sometimes it takes hours for the fiber optic media to be available again.

the log shows only following:

Informational %LINK-I-Up: Vlan 30
Informational %LINK-I-Up: te1/0/48
Informational %LINK-I-CHNGCOMBOMEDIA: Media changed from copper media to fiber media on port te1/0/48.
Informational %LINK-I-CHNGCOMBOMEDIA: Media changed from fiber media to copper media on port te1/0/48.
Informational %LINK-I-CHNGCOMBOMEDIA: Media changed from copper media to fiber media on port te1/0/48.
Informational %LINK-I-CHNGCOMBOMEDIA: Media changed from fiber media to copper media on port te1/0/48.

Do we have to use an other Switch