Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500-24 port switch - L2 mode setting disable

Hi

I have a SG500-24 port switch.

To use this switch, i need to set system mode to L2 . Currently, it is showing as L3 mode.

Logging into the switch, I noticed that the GUI is grey out for the set mode L2 or L3. Currently, the radio button is on L3. I am not able to make the change to switch it as a L2 switch.

on CLI, when I configure  "set system ?" the  only option is "queues-mode" only. 

switchcf3b89# set system
queues-mode queues-mode
switchcf3b89#set system

The software version is 1.3.0.62, while the boot version is 1.3.0.03. The HW version is V02

I like to seek help why i am not able to change the SG500 switch from L3 mode to L2 mode and what could be the reason. Do i need to upgrade the firmware to the latest version?

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Lawrence

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ingrid Aragon
Level 1
Level 1

Lawrence, I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

I will suggest upgrading the boot code and firmware versions on this unit.

Since your current version is 1.3.0.62 you must do this step by step to avoid an illegal error while uploading the files. Therefore, follow this order:

I will suggest doing a backup of the file configuration.

1- Upload the Boot code: sx500_boot_1.3.7.01.rfb > Do not reboot > Upload the firmware file: sx500_fw_1.3.7.18.ros
2- Reboot the unit.
3- Download the Sx500_FW_Boot_1.4.0.88.zip > Upload the boot code: sx500_boot-14002.rfb > Do not reboot > Upload the firmware file: sx500_fw-14088.ros.
4- Reboot the unit.
5- Download and install the firmware version: sx500_fw-1476.ros

Click here to find the released files.

View solution in original post

Thanks for marking the answer as correct. Glad to hear you solved it.

Ingrid A.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ingrid Aragon
Level 1
Level 1

Lawrence, I am one of the engineers from the Small Business team.

I will suggest upgrading the boot code and firmware versions on this unit.

Since your current version is 1.3.0.62 you must do this step by step to avoid an illegal error while uploading the files. Therefore, follow this order:

I will suggest doing a backup of the file configuration.

1- Upload the Boot code: sx500_boot_1.3.7.01.rfb > Do not reboot > Upload the firmware file: sx500_fw_1.3.7.18.ros
2- Reboot the unit.
3- Download the Sx500_FW_Boot_1.4.0.88.zip > Upload the boot code: sx500_boot-14002.rfb > Do not reboot > Upload the firmware file: sx500_fw-14088.ros.
4- Reboot the unit.
5- Download and install the firmware version: sx500_fw-1476.ros

Click here to find the released files.

Hi Aragon

Thanks for your reply. I have upgraded the boot code and firmware and the result is good to go.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Lawrence

Thanks for marking the answer as correct. Glad to hear you solved it.

Ingrid A.

Hi,

I have same problem. I have Cisco switch SG500X-24​ with newest updates (fw: 1.4.10.6, boot: 1.4.0.02).

I applied Yours recomendation above, but without success. I have System Mode L2 and L3 alltogether (Stack Mode Standalone), but I want only Operation Mode L2.

switch-01.png

I tried change settings via CLI, but without success too.

switch-02.png

Please tell me, what is wrong?

Appreciate your help.

Regards MD