Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 interface very unstable only when 100mbps

rgrzech
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

for a couple of days now I'm struggling heavily with strange issue. I've got 3 stacked switches SG500-52P, it works perfectly for couple of years, but couple of days ago I've connected tv sony to one of the ports and it started...the interface is very unstable, it goes up and down every second or even more often as visible in logs (debug level, but no more informations), so it cannot basically establish any connection (I can see packets, but TCP connections are becoming out of sync in a second (bad ack, rst, etc). I've got latest firmware 1.4.10.6. I've tried hundreds of combinations, but become slightly hopeless now, what I tried:

• when tv sony is connected to another switch (Drytek) it works perfectly (the same sockets, the same cables)
  • when I tried other interfaces in the same switch result is the same (interface instability, etc.)
  • what I tried forced the interface to use 10mbps speed it works! (but I need at least 100mbps)
  • switch logs even on debug level shows nothing, only interface ups and downs with enormous amount
  • I mirrord the port to observe traffic, but nothing special visible, dhcp works, etc, but as interface is rebooting every second TCP connections go out of sync, so effectively I don't have connectivity on tv sony

Have you faced this kind of problems? Any clue or advise where should I try to find solution, where to look??? I would be very grateful for any tip and help! Thank you.

Regards,

Rafal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, I've finally solved that.... I needed to turn off PoE on this particular port and now it works with 100mbps like a charm...

Regards,

Rafal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Glenn Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Where in the stack is this switch in question. Is the Drytek in a stack as well? would like to see if others members have similar experiences..

Hi Glenn,

no Drytek is standalone. Not sure what port speed Drytek autonegotiated, it may be 10mbps as well, when I force Cisco to use 10mbps it works ok, when autonegotiation is used, it shows 100mbps, but this strange effect of interface up-down-up-down...occurs. Honestly I cannot find in tv sony specification what is their NIC speed, but for 2019 model and rather high class device I wouldn't assume it is only 10mbps I think...nevertheless autonegotiation works strangely as described...

Regards,

Rafal

OK, I've finally solved that.... I needed to turn off PoE on this particular port and now it works with 100mbps like a charm...

Regards,

Rafal

Wonderful, but strange. 100mb port should auto-negotiate with no problems. however, turning off PoE on that port is even stranger. Glad it works for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X