cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg500- Link Aggregation Control Protocol

Mk11
Level 1
Level 1

hi, I have a few questions about lacp. The documentation says that the ports that make up the etcherchannel must have the same speed and the same configurations on two switches (for example, they must be access port ).

On the switch A I changed the default speed port gi1/1/5 to 100 and I created a LAG on port gi1/1/5 and gi1/1/6, with auto mode option. On switch B I created LAB on port gi1/1/5 and gi1/1/6 without changing port configuration.  The link between the switches was created. I see that po1 port is up on both switches

Questions:
1)why a link between the switchs works in spite of the different configurations of ports on switch A and B ?

2) why the show interfaces status on switch A shows the speed of the port gi1/1/5 and po1 set to 1000 while the show interfeces configuration gi1/1/5 shows speed 100 ?

3) on switch A I set up por po1 to access mode

a) why link works between switches ?

b)  whether lacp should not automatically change port po1 on switch B in access mode ?

1 Reply 1

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

It will be good to call our support line and open a support case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X