Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 showing the same MAC addresses in multiple VLANs

c.holloway
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon!

I am working on a SG500 that is giving us some issues at a client's site and I have noticed that when I look at the mac-address table I will see the same MAC address show up in multiple VLANs.  The switch is running firmware version 1.2.7.76, I am planning to upgrade to 1.4.1.03 tonight.

The devices in question are all Polycom VVX 410 IP phones.  Their mac addresses are showing up in both the data VLAN, VLAN 1, and the voice VLAN, VLAN 100.  I can't determine why this is happening...the devices aren't multihomed, they all have only an IP in the voice vlan.  I was hoping someone here might have some idea.

The particular issue i'm chasing is that there seems to be some significant delay on the network.  SIP INVITES are regularly getting canceled cause it is taking the receiving phone over 3 seconds to respond to the originating phone's INVITE.  I don't know that the MAC address issue is necessarily related but its just one of the things I've run into while working on this problem.

2 Replies 2

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes the early version of SG500 did have MAC address table issues.  These have been resolved in the latest firmware.

Note that when upgrading from 1.2.7.76, you will first need to upgrade to 1.3.0.62 firmware and boot, next 1.3.5.58 firmware and boot and then 1.4.1.03 firmware and boot.

Best Regards,

Mike

Thanks for the tip about the upgrade path Mike.

I got the switch fully updated but it continues to show the mac addresses of the phones in both the data and the voice vlans