cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 stack: how to remove non-existing interfaces from config?

joopv
Level 1
Level 1

We have a stack of 2 SG500 switches.  It was pre-configged in the lab to be a stack of 5 SG500's, but once on site is was impractical and the stack was "broken" in 2 stacks  of 2 and 3 switches respectively.

Now, in the config of the first stack of 2 switches, we still see the "interface gigabit 3/1/1" until "interface gigabit 5/1/24" although they are not (any more) physically available in the stack.

How do i clean up this config?

adTHANKSvance !

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I think I have seen this before, but didn't let it concern me.  I'm not aware of a way to clear that.  I would probably default them, take advantage of the time to update to current firmware (if not already) and just copy/paste or re key the config.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

You might also *carefully with backup handy* try: stack reset 3-5 and then reboot.  I got this idea from browsing the CLI guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/cli_guide/CLI_500.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I think I have seen this before, but didn't let it concern me.  I'm not aware of a way to clear that.  I would probably default them, take advantage of the time to update to current firmware (if not already) and just copy/paste or re key the config.

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

You might also *carefully with backup handy* try: stack reset 3-5 and then reboot.  I got this idea from browsing the CLI guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/cli_guide/CLI_500.pdf

joopv
Level 1
Level 1

It seems the only way to correct this issue is to reconfigure the switch from scratch, meaning we have to go onsite.

alecmedina
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar issue on 3500 switches that were stacked and de-commissioned. We put one of the old switches to use (switch 5 from the stack). When we set the switch to #1 we had 1/0/X and 5/0/X interface names, to solve the issue you just issue 'no switch 5 provision' command.