Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500 user kill command

donmatlock1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I spoke with Cisco about this, they indicated there is no such command for the SG series, but I found he had to look up much of what I asked him (So I am just double checking with other Cisco gurus out there before I let this go.  Does anyone know if there is a "kill" command much like in HP switches, so if the switch has exceeded user logins you type this command and it disconnects all users that are remotely connected.

Much appreciated,

Don

6 Replies 6

Yiu Kay Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

300/500 series switches do not have 'kill' or equivalent CLI to clear telnet or SSH line at this point of time.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

Thank you for the prompt reply.  My issue is that we have a beta type of service that polls our devices and they either aren't leaving them cleanly when logging out or not logging out at all (I have a ticket in with them).  So I need to put in the #line ssh exec command, but once entered I need to reboot so I can remotely log in (currently cannot log in as there are to many connections going into it...console only), and rebooting is not an option till 4:30 each day.

Hello,

Perhaps you can use 'snmpset' to delete TCP connections.

I used net-snmp v3 from an Ubuntu box.

'192.168.1.100' is the IP address of my SG500-52MP switch.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

Thanks Yiu for the reply.

My question is would this actually clear the users currently connected.  I have attached a pic of the putty error that states too many users logged in.  As a side note I have alerted the vendor whose service we use to monitor our equipment to the issue, but in the meantime I still have problems with the service either not logging out properly or not at all.  I have included a picture of my issue.  So again in HP land (we are phasing out our HP switches), you can issue a kill command at the admin prompt and it solves this issue...but Cisco for whatever reason has neglected to put this command in their O/S.

Hello,

It clears telnet (port # 22) sessions with no problem.

I got error message when trying to clear SSH (port # 23) session. Not sure if it was a bug or something. According to a HP support knowledge-base, 'setmib' CLI clears hung SSH sessions.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=60379&docId=emr_na-c03076413

Not sure what snmp app they were using as net-snmp does not have 'setmib' command.

Robert Connelly
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem -  I do have access to the GUI so I was able to clear the connections by disabling and re-enabling ssh.

That allowed remote access again without having to reload the switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X