cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500X Dropped packets

Mike Horowitz
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having issues for a long time with the SG500X units. I keep getting many "Drop Events", or dropped packets (as seen in the attachment). There are no real "errors" or issues that I can see otherwise. I have 2 stacked SG500X-48 port switches connected with 10GB cables. I have 13 different LAG groups that span the 2 switches (8 are down-links to SG200 switches for clients). I have 2 physical vmware boxes, and 1 SAN connected with 10GB cables. I have one main physical server that almost everyone accesses to connect to a foxpro database. The drops happen on the highest utilization ports, especially the physical server that is running foxpro. There are about 100 users total (connected to the SG200's).

Of note is I am using Jumbo Frames for communication between VMWare and SAN over iSCSI. Are buffers an issue on the switch? I had an unmanaged switch environment before these units, and did not have these issues. I did introduce about 6 vlans to separate clients, switches, servers, and iSCSI traffic.

Any ideas? I have gone through the configurations multiple times with Cisco, and with others. But no change. I have tried everything to correct.

0 Replies 0