Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500X stacking problem

Hi all,

I have a problem with the stacking of 2 SG500X switches. I need to be able to use the 5G Stack ports to stack the switches, so XG1 to XG4 stay network ports.

Is that possible? I can't find anything about this sort of config.

Please advise.

Regards,

Brecht

2 Replies 2

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Brecht.lecluyse1,

To answer you question in the Admin guide his the functions of the stack ports:

Stack Ports:

Ports in a stack must be reserved to be one of the following port types:

• Network Ports—Also known as uplink ports. These are ports that are connected to the network.

• Stack Ports—Ports that connect two units in a stack. Stack ports are used to transfer data and protocol packets among the units. You must indicate to the system (reserve) which ports you plan to use as stack ports (in the System Mode and Stack Management page). All ports that are not reserved to be stack ports, are considered to be network ports.

Link to the admin guide:  http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/Sx500/administration_guide/500_Series_Admin_Guide.pdf

Page 74 is where this information is found and any additional information about the ports.

If you have any other question let us know.

Hope this helps,

Michael D.

If this post is helpful please rate or mark as correct.

Hi Michael,

That about th eports I know but it's stupid that when we want to use the 5G stack ports that are only there to stack we also loose XG3 en XG4. It would be nice if we could leave XG1 to 4 as network ports and only the 5G ports as stack ports.