Views
Helpful
Replies

sg500x

mireille.saade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i was checking the datasheet of 500X series and got confused regarding the 10GE uplinks. how many 10GE ports can be used for uplink and which transceiver should be used for 10GE copper uplink? for example, SG500x-24 switch has 24GE ports and 4x10GE uplinks. can i use the 4x10GE ports for uplinks or only 2 ports are for uplink and the rest for stacking? please advise..

Best Regards

Mireille

8 Replies 8

jialbert
Level 1
Level 1

if in non-stack [standalone] mode, all 4 10GE can be uplinks.

for stacking, XG3/S1 and/or XG4/S2 can be used as stack port, and the rest of 10G can be used as uplink.

for SFP module, please check Quick start guide.

Hi Jialbert,

thank you for the reply. but i couldn't find the compatible 10G copper SFP+ in the datasheet, please advise if SG500X supports SFP-10G-CX1=

Thank you

Mireille

This is from QSG and SFP-10G-CX1 is not listed, but please check with official support for confirmation:

Or you can find the one listed below

SFP (if present)—The small form-factor pluggable (SFP) are connection

points for modules, so the switch can link to other switches. These ports

are also commonly referred to as miniGigaBit Interface Converter

(miniGBIC) ports. The term SFP will be used in this guide.

• SFP ports are compatible with Cisco modules MGBSX1, MGBLH1,

MGBLX1, MGBBX1, MFELX1, MFEFX1, and MFEBX1, as well as other

brands of modules.

• Cisco SFP+ optical modules that are supported in the 500X switches

are: SFP-10G-SR, SFP-10G-LRM, and SFP-10G-LR.

• The 500 and 500X switches support the following SFP+ Copper Cable

modules for stacking: SFP-H10GB-CU1M, SFP-H10GB-CU3M, and

SFP-H10GB-CU5M.

• SFP interface is a combination port, shared with one other RJ-45

interface. When the SFP is active, the adjacent RJ-45 port is disabled.

• The LEDs of the shared RJ-45 port light to respond to the SFP interface

traffic.

well noted,

thank you for your support!

am i understanding this correctly?  the sg500 series of switches are stackable, but do not have stackwise connectors like say the 3750's?  by stacking, i would assume the "single data plane" logic is implemented, but what differences are there between the two implementations?  backplane bandwidth?

The stack logic has a unified data, control and management plane. Cisco 3750 uses stackwise. The mechanisms and stack functionality isn't particularly documented or readily available as far as I know. I would assume it behaves similar in the sense it makes a bidirectional closed loop path.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Dear,

i cant able to see the 4 sfp  port only two i can see in the  port administration page pls help me this.

how can i activate 4 uplink ?

Regards 

Geo 

cmartinho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, regarding this topic can we install a 1GB SFP in the 10G SFP+ slot in the sg500X switches, I mean, if we want to buy a sg500x now with 2 x 1GB uplinks do we have some 1GB SFP compatible with the 10GB SFP+ ?

Regards,

Carlos Martinho

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X