Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE-2000 no conestion over IP

nikifrancil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a new SGE-2000 switch. At the moment, we are not able to start the configuration, because the default IP is not wirking. We have reset the switch, but it still doesn`t work. We can`t also see the switch in the IP list in our network. If anybody knows how we could get a connection over a webbrowser it would be very nice.

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Niki,

Thank you for posting. If you apply a static IP to a PC of 192.168.1.200/24 with no gateway or DNS and plug it into the new switch you should be able to reach it at 192.168.1.254. If this is still not working, please call Cisco Small Business Support for assistance. You can find a number to call for your location at: www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

Niki,

adding to mpyhala, you can plug a serial cable into the serial port of the SGE2000 using hyper terminal

Bits per second: 115200

Data Bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop bits: 1

Flow control: None

This will get you into the console switch settings and you can verify switch settings if the switch has already been configured by someone.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Hello,

thanks for the information, it works

But know i have a new problem. If i conect a Computer to the port 24 and 12, i have no conection to the Switch. The other Ports are still working. The configuration, of port 24 and 12, is the same like the other.

Hope somebody knows the answer.

Niki,

If I recall correctly the switch is in stacking mode by default. If you disable stacking you should regain access to ports 12 and 24.