Helpful
Replies

SGE 2010p - STP appears crossing VLANs

Justin Sweeney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

Very strange situation.

Created 2 separate VLANs on SGE2010P switch. Neither in Native VLAN 1.

For example;

Port g01 in VLAN 56

Port g25 in VLAN 56

Port g10 in VLAN 10

Port g37 in VLAN 10

All appears to work well within the respective VLAN (i.e. DHCP, ARP, etc. no IPs from other VLANs)

STP - Spanning Tree is Globally disabled.

However; when I feed a n new network (which has STP enabled) into VLAN 10; I then plug a laptop with wireshark running into VLAN 56 - cannot see any other traffic/packet...except STP packets coming from a CISCO device on VLAN 10 while I am plugged into VLAN 56.

This demonstrates to me the network is not truely seperated. I know this because last night I crossed two networks and caused havoc; ouch.

I configed a D-Link switch with the same scenario and no issue.

I have tried many config changes but can't seem to resolve the issue.

Anyone else had issue like this or can point in the right direction?

J.

5 Replies 5

bhackbarth
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running software version 3.0.2.0?  If not, upgrade and try again.

Thx. Just upgraded. Still same result. J.

Truly odd. Obviously STP isn't disabling.   After upgrading, did you apply factory defaults, then turn off STP again and see if it still sends out STP frames? If it does, I would open a support ticket and ultimately warranty the unit.

Thx. I will try the factory default route. I have a Cisco 2960-S here as well and tried the same on it. Works no issues.

The only thing I can figure is because you can never really disable vlan 1 it passes the stp protocol.

plicheva
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Please try to set the BPDU Handling option to filtering instead of flooding. I belive this stops any STP packets.

Plamena Licheva,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X