cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2000 and SG100-24 help

link4corptim
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SGE2000 switch (standalone, non-stacking) and i'm running out of outputs. I have a number of workstations in the office that don't necessarily require all the features of a managed switch so I want to put them on a SG100-24 that I can use as an expansion. What is the best (most efficient & best throughput) way to wire the SG100 to the SGE2000.

At first i tried using port 12+24 on the SGE2000, but to no avail. Actually, a secondary question would be are ports 12+24 completely useless on the SGE unless i'm stacking with another SGE?

Any help would be great - I'm a graphic artist by trade and just fell into these responsibilities. Connecting one of ports on the SGE (other than 12 & 24) to any port on the SG100 seems to work - but I suspect there would be a better way with more throughput.

1 Reply 1

Ivor Diedricks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SGE2000 Switch can either be in Stackable mode or Standalone mode. In Stackable mode, two ports have to be used for stack purpooses., If you are not stacking the switches together, put the switch in standalone mode and you can then use all the ports for uplink or user connections. The SG100 can then be connected to any of the ports.