Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2000 not recognized by Cisco Network Assistant

walter.dyck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to get a network of SGE2000 switches mapped into Cisco network assistant.

It always comes back with the device type unknown and status unsupported device.

Is there a way to fix this ? I'm using Cisco network assistant ver.5.7(6)     

Thx

Walter

6 Replies 6

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Walter, this is unsupported. The SGE/SFE switches do not have cdp or any cisco proprietary protocols.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hello Thomas,

So is there anyother way to find out what is connected to what ?

They also do not have a 'command' prompt like the 3750 I am used to work with ?

thx

Walter

Hi Walter, only the real way is pretty much mac address tables.

This switch model is a Linksys carry over so it is pretty "archaic" per se to the more modern switches.

This unit does have a hidden CLI. However, it is NOTHING like you have ever seen before (and if you have seen something like it, I pity you for needing to endure it!).

If you want to get to the backdoor CLI, telnet the switch, log in, then once at the menu do the following

hold down ctrl key then press z

type LCLI and hit your enter key.

Now, keep in mind, the CLI is an unsupported configuration method, if you do happen to damage the switch flash from using the CLI it can void the warranty.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hello Thomas

Thanks for the helpfull info, and indeed these switches suck on user (admin) friendly interfaces and info.

It does even displays wrong info. If I look at the web interface, or even at the LCLI, it say's that a port is up and linked,

while in real life there is not even a cable plugged in ! ...

So it's more like following the cable to where it goes, or get a cable checker to find out where there are going to ...

SGE2000 sucks

thx

Walter

Hi Tom, what about SG500 series? They support CDP and CNA doesn´t support them :(, is it?

Hello,

The support of CNA on Sx500 series switches is limited. 

The main tools for the configuration of Sx500 switches are the web GUI and command line interface.

Thanks.

Yiu Kay Lee

Concentrix at Cisco

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Yiu Kay Lee | SMB Pre-Sales | yiulee@cisco.com | Phone +1 (855) 354-7776

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X