cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2000P Stack Interface Utilization Percentage?

john-huntington
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a stack of four SGE2000P switches for a PoE video camera system.  I've got the cameras in a VLAN and everything's working fine. 

I'm wondering, though, is there a way to find out what data rate the stack interfaces are working at (since it's going over cable infrastructure we put in ourselves), and also what percentage of that bandwidth is being used?  I don't see anyway to get to those interfaces from the main page, and

I wasn't able to find a way to do any sort of percentage thing even on a regular interface.

Thanks!

John

www.controlgeek.net

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi John,

The stacking interfaces are gigabit full duplex.

I wish there was a easy way, I think the easiest way is to mirror a camera port to the port that your  PC is connected to.  Or use SNMP

If your just randonly checking the  use of wireshark  is prtetty cost effective. Just look at the wireshark  summary as seen in my screen capture below..

The statistics within the switch show you all sorts of statistics from packet distributions, CRC etc.. except instananeous data rates per second per port.

regards Dave

Cool, I use Wireshard a bunch, will try to mirror the port on the server.

I'd still like to see the status of the stack ports, though.  I have the switches spread around our venue using wiring we installed, so I'm hoping the stack ports negotiated up to gigabit.  Also, I'd love to see the utilization so that I could make sure that I'm not overloading one path or another...

Oh well, thanks!

John

www.controlgeek.net