cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SGE2010 troubles with vlan

Please, read the attached file: the spam filter is blocking my message.

Livio

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Livio is it possible to copy and paste your message into your question rather than an attachment? We have been hit by a lot of spam lately so our security has been tightened which includes blocking many types of attachments and keywords.

Highlighted

Dear Deku,

the problem is that, if I copy and paste the textfile on the right box, the message is blocked. I don't understand which could be the problem. I report some message related the the troubles occurring with my sge2010 switch and related to the vlan setup (via AD .1x authentication).

Best regards.

Livio

I retry to paste my text under this line:

I am trying to configure a sge2010 48-ports with 802.1x. The switch is configured to contact the Active directory (AD) server (and this connection works well) for authenticating the switch ports. In the AD server I configured the Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID attribute (81) with the vlan id (in my case it is 565). When I try to access the port and the client asks for user and passwords, the switch shows a warning message:

AAAEAP-W-RADIUSREPLY: Invalid attribute 81 ignored - tag should be 0

The vlan I set on the AD server is not applied to the port. The remaining part of authentication works well, but I am unable to setup the vlan on the authenticated port. Is it any config I can try? Maybe have I to use vendor specific attributes?

My Radius config (in AD) is:

Tunnel-Medium-Type: 802 (Includes all 802 media plus Ethernet canonical format)

Tunnel_type: Virtual LANs (VLAN)

Tunnel-Pvt-Group-ID: 565

Service-Type: Administrative

The vlan id I would like to set is 565.

Thanks in advance!

Livio

Highlighted

Please, may someone help me? Is it any suggestion to make working the vlan assignement.

Thanks in advance.
Livio