cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010P Unresponsive, all ports lit

hugh_jeffner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I inherited a SGE2010P 48 port PoE switch (the dealer has since gone out of business).  The client on the premises where it was installed claimed there was a power outage this weekend.  When I arrived, all PoE devices were un-powered and all other connected devices had no network connectivity.

• All 48 ports of the unit are lit green on both sides even if nothing was attached to them. 
  • All the fans appear to be running
  • The status lights are all unlit. 
  • The reset button does nothing, either held down continuously or held during boot
  • Web interface cannot be accessed
  • I haven't been able to attempt to access the console yet, but will try once the unit arrives on my desk

The lights and fans exhibit this behavior as soon as I power the unit.  Has anyone come across this failure mode before?  Sounds like its fried but I don't have much experience with Cisco.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Hi hugh_jeffner,

As you mentioned this is an inherited device do you know if you have a smartnet contract with this device? I can help you check and get this sorted. Hope to hear from you soon!

I successfully initiated an RMA

The only thing is if I try to track the status with this tool it says I am not authorized.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/serviceordertool/home.svo

I assume that is because I don't have a service contract

Thanks

hugh_jeffner.

May i ask how many Cisco gear you have that has no service contract?

Happy to Serve!

Barry

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

There is no smartnet for smb devices like this and this model is not made or sold anymore.

It should still have a warranty though.  Possibly limited, lifetime.  I can't recall right now, but I did have and SGE switch go DOA a couple years ago and called smb support and they replaced it with a comparable SG switch.

Your best bet is to call SBSC support: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

You can look at warranty info for that product here: http://www.cisco-servicefinder.com/warrantyfinder.aspx  It appears to have RTF (return to factory) so if it is really broke, they should let you send it back and then they send you a replacement.  

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Yeah I found that site and noticed the RTF, I think I will be pursuing that route.  Thanks.

hugh_jeffner
Level 1
Level 1

I just tested trying to connect via console got nothing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X