cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SGE2010P VOIP Vlan

wlewis2488
Level 1
Level 1

Ok so I have configured my SGE2010P 48 port switch and have everything working except the 1 phone that is plugged into it. I have 3 of these in which are already setup and working properly to include phones, they were configured before I started working here, but I have mirrored the config, and it still isn't working. I have made g1/10 a trunk port (confused about tagged or Untagged), I have added it to Vlan 2 (VOIP) and it is plugged into port g1/10.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Wayne, what kind of phone is this? The SGE2010 does not support auto voice features or cdp/lldp to fed vlan info to the phones.  This means the phone needs to be manually configured to enable the pc port, enable the voice/data vlan. You are correct, the port should be trunk with data vlan untagged, voice vlan tagged. Additionally, under spanning tree interface, ensure port fast is enable (edge port enabled).

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Well, the other phones that we have plugged into these switched work properly, so I don't beleive that to be an issue. Also to add, port fast isn't enabled on them either. To give you a little more detailed description. The three others I have are stacked. They are trunked straight to my router. This one is at an outlying station, fed by fiber ( as it was two days ago, plugged into an older switch). This being said,I see diffrences in my stacked to my outlying. One being the Spanning tree>interface settings menu. The stacked switches with my trunk port to my router has a root for that port stated as a port role. This worry's me not seeing one on my outlying switch, and I assume it's because of fiber to the GE 1 which takes the place of g1/45 isn't the same setup as my stacked switchs.

The other concern may be the port interconnecting the switches is missing the trunk/tag. You may want to check to see if link has all the vlans corresponding from the stack of switches to the other unit. Both sides have to match (configure it like you would a phone port)

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks Tom!

Mrigrating from 3550's to SGE2010P'S and I have been trying to figure out how to set up the voice vlan.  I got it to work by manually setting the vlan on the phone and now I know that is the way it has to be....lol

Dave