Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow InterVLAN

kama515151
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured  2 VLAN on a SRW 2024.I have just one switch.

I have a very slow connection between the 2 VLAN (100Ko/s)

And I have good connection  in the same the same VLAN (12 Mo/s)

So is it a problem of configuration ? and what I have to do ?

Or perhaps, the SRW 2024 can't make inter VLAN?

you can find the file configuration in attachment

Thanks

Nicolas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas,

The SRW2024 switch does not perform the inter-VLAN routing, so the speed of the inter-VLAN routing performance in your network is dependent on the device - router or L3 switch - performing this function. If an external L3 switch is used, like SG300-28 for example, the performance would be very fast as it does wirespeed L3 forwarding.

Hope this is clear.

Ivor

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ivor Diedricks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nicolas,

SRW2024 is a layer 2 switch and does not do inter-VLAN routing. There has to be another device in the work (like a router or L3 switch) which performs the routing function. The new 300-series switches (SG300-28 in particular) supports wirespeed inter-VLAN routing and can be used to optimize your network performance and offload the router.

Thanks,

Ivor

Thanks for answer.

To conclude, you can make interVLAN with srw2024, but with very bad performance.

Thanks

Nicolas,

The SRW2024 switch does not perform the inter-VLAN routing, so the speed of the inter-VLAN routing performance in your network is dependent on the device - router or L3 switch - performing this function. If an external L3 switch is used, like SG300-28 for example, the performance would be very fast as it does wirespeed L3 forwarding.

Hope this is clear.

Ivor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X