Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow speed between SG200-26P

Hello everyone!

I tried to find answer in google, but no luck. So, here is a question:

I have Cisco SG200-26P(switch #1) that connected to another SG200-26P(switch #2) and SG300-28P(switch #3). Problem is that is no link between 1-2 and 1-3. But, if on 2nd and 3rd switches I manually changing port settings to "Auto advertisement: 100 half", then link is ok, but it's only 100 megabit. I need 1 gigabit link between 1-2 and 1-3. All ports on #1 in "Max Capability". Please help and sorry for my english

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Sparling
Level 4
Level 4

under the GUI and the click on Port Setting then click on the port you are having problems on is Auto Negotiation checked for all three switches and you are using CAT5e or higher cable?  I know these are dump/beginner questions but just have to start at the beginning.  Then if you manually check 1000m and full does it work or do you get no link, but you have to set all three manually to this on the ports you want to use.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Sparling
Level 4
Level 4

under the GUI and the click on Port Setting then click on the port you are having problems on is Auto Negotiation checked for all three switches and you are using CAT5e or higher cable?  I know these are dump/beginner questions but just have to start at the beginning.  Then if you manually check 1000m and full does it work or do you get no link, but you have to set all three manually to this on the ports you want to use.

Ohh.. stupid situation. Problem solved by changing wiring. All cables cat5e, length <10m, but most of cables not giving 1Gbit. Strange, but in situation, when was 1Gbit link between Dlink and Cisco and then I changed dlink to Cisco, wire was the same, but now it's giving only 100mbit, maybe it was damaged somehow.. I changed wire and it's works perfectly

Thanks for reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X