Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow SSH for SG350XG-2F10 and SX550X-16FT

Hey folks -

I just installed a new pair of small business switches here in the home office.  One is an SG350XG, the other a SX550X.  Both have been upgraded to the latest 2.5.0.90 code, and both are showing the same problem: very slow SSH login and CLI response.  This was also happening with the version of code they shipped with: 2.4.0.94.  It feels like I'm typing into a 9600 baud dial-up BBS; hell the serial console is probably faster.

The output from the SSH/CLI login is pretty snappy.  It's just the input; almost like there's a buffer problem or some such.

Since I can telnet in and get snappy responses both input and output, this leads me to believe that the switches' SSH client is not up to par.  Or that their respective CPU can't deal with decrypting the SSH packets properly.  I'm not 100% though.  I've read another thread on this same problem and it seems like one of the problems was with cut and paste.  I'm not even doing that, just typing commands in.

Interestingly, I also have an older SG500-28.  Its SSH logins are quite quick.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Chriskl23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, do you got any solution for this problem? I run an SX550X-24FT with the latest firmware Version: 2.5.5.47 and have the same problem. Telnet is very snappy but SSH is very laggy

Br

Chris

No solution or work around whatsoever.  I've given up on SSH and use telnet. 

Stan1212
Level 1
Level 1

Do you use snmp? 

what is your cpu utilization?

#show cpu utilization

@Stan1212 wrote:

Do you use snmp? 

what is your cpu utilization?

#show cpu utilization

It's not a CPU utilization problem.  The problem apparently lies within the switch's ssh implementation.

#show cpu utilization
CPU utilization service is on.

CPU utilization
---------------
five seconds: 1%; one minute: 2%; five minutes: 1%

same on my switch, its idle in my test enviroment, also no snmp queries.

CPU utilization service is on.

CPU utilization
---------------
five seconds: 1%; one minute: 1%; five minutes: 1%

Stan1212
Level 1
Level 1

Ah that's something new. I observe the similar issues during snmp polls of my cisco sg350xg-25t. Cpu spikes and ssh perfomance falls dramatically.