Views
Helpful
Replies

Small Business - SG500-52P losing vlan native when reloaded

ricarva88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

Do someone already faced some problem with SG500 regarding configuration loss when equipment is reloaded?

I'm facing the following issue:

I have some access interfaces configured with the native VLAN different from default (VLAN 1). For example VLAN 60. See below:

interface gigabitethernet1/2
storm-control broadcast enable
storm-control broadcast level 10
storm-control include-multicast
port security max 10
port security mode max-addresses
port security discard trap 60
spanning-tree portfast
switchport trunk allowed vlan add 65
switchport trunk native vlan 60
macro description ip_phone
!next command is internal.
macro auto smartport dynamic_type ip_phone
!

The configuration is saved. When the equipment is reloaded, this "switchport trunk native vlan 60" command disappear for some reason. All the interfaces with the native vlan different from 1 loose the configuration.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Macros just get in the way in small business switches. I had similar issue. My switch was reverting native vlan to 1 anytime switch with native vlan 1 is connected to it. Now I make sure that macros are disabled. "no macro auto" is command under global config.

Please refer to this post as well:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11380886/need-help-configuring-voice-vlan-sg300

Let me know if that helps,

Nenad 

View solution in original post

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

thats because you are using smartport configuration. and each macro which is applied on macro-enabled switchport has pre-defined values of native and voice vlans. 

you can override them with adjusting corresponding values:

• using webGUI in "Smartport" -> "Smartport type settings" -> select "ip_phone" (like it's used in your example switchport) -> click on "Edit..." -> and adjust $native_vlan parameter from "1" to your "60"
  • using CLI: 
    • switch(config)#macro auto built-in parameters ip_phone $native_vlan 60
  • do the same for all smartport types you're using in your configuration and save config.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

Macros just get in the way in small business switches. I had similar issue. My switch was reverting native vlan to 1 anytime switch with native vlan 1 is connected to it. Now I make sure that macros are disabled. "no macro auto" is command under global config.

Please refer to this post as well:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11380886/need-help-configuring-voice-vlan-sg300

Let me know if that helps,

Nenad 

Nenad,

Thank you for the information.

Best regards.

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

thats because you are using smartport configuration. and each macro which is applied on macro-enabled switchport has pre-defined values of native and voice vlans. 

you can override them with adjusting corresponding values:

• using webGUI in "Smartport" -> "Smartport type settings" -> select "ip_phone" (like it's used in your example switchport) -> click on "Edit..." -> and adjust $native_vlan parameter from "1" to your "60"
  • using CLI: 
    • switch(config)#macro auto built-in parameters ip_phone $native_vlan 60
  • do the same for all smartport types you're using in your configuration and save config.

ricarva88
Level 1
Level 1

Michael,

Tested here and it worked.

Thank you for the information.

Best regards.