cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

small configure help please? I have 3 300-28 switches, I want to connect them and avoid stp (stp setup)

aamirshafiq
Level 1
Level 1

HI!

I have a small network. I have 3 300-28 cisco switches. I already connected my 3 servers  and clients with the switch 1 and now I want to add more clients and I need to add my other two switches in the network. Please guide me with the simple configuration So I can connect them all and avoid loop (stp). Thanks

3 Replies 3

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can configure the links between the switches as a trunk and all other ports where hosts are connected can be configured as access ports with port-fast configured. That may help.

Nagaraja

Hi Nagaraja Thanthry!

Thanks for your reply. I am implementing it tomorrow. By just conecting the switches together at trunk ports  will there be no loop? I don't want my network chowk. I hope it will work well. I might need further help, please reply.

1. I will do setting on all switches. Assign IP addresses to switches (to Vlan 1 default).

2. Set one port (e.g 28) as trunk and all others as Access on all three switches.

3. Then I will connect the switches with each other at trunk ports. Hope there will be no loop in this setting.

4. Do I need to set any setting for stp in switches ?

Please reply one by one thanks.

I am using 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 IP range.

Best Regards,

Hi Aamir, STP is already set up by default. Even if you create a network loop a port is going to go in to blocking.

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X