In this scenario there is access link between router and SPS2024 switch which carries frames from single subnet/VLAN.
In this scenario:
- I can see IGMP queries via wireshark on PC connected to port g4
- and multicasts are completely working as expected
- it is working regardless IGMP Snooping is enabled (on VLAN and globally) or not
- BUT outputs from switch CLI are completely same as from first scenario (switch not recognized any IGMP querier on segment, nor PIMv4 packets (for determining mrouter port) (...in case when IGMP snooping was enabled)
- this looks like this switch is not able to forward igmp queries in case when they comes from tagged VLANs via trunk port
- switch is also not able to recognize mrouter nor igmp querier on segment (according outputs above)
And finally questions:
- is this correct behavior of this switch?
- how can I fix it? I am using latest firmware 1.0.6, but this is same also with older version 1.0.2
- are there any debug commands available (to see packets receiving, igmp snooping working and so on) like from Catalyst switches?
Welcome back for issue number 2 of the small business support community newsletter. Over the coming months we're going to share exciting news on the hardware and support community side. For now, we'll highlight our new favorite docs, pertinent...
Cisco is excited to offer its San Jose customers a unique opportunity to join us at Cisco headquarters for a design thinking workshop. This exclusive gathering, of no more than 20 people, is designed for an immersive interactive one-day session bet...
Welcome and thanks for visiting the Small Business Community Newsletter. This is our first of what we will make a monthly newsletter where you will be provided information on New products and trends, What’s ...
Hello @All ,
I am Bhuvi Chopra, a product manager on the Cisco Business (formerly SBTG) Team.
Cisco Business is excited to offer its San Jose customers a unique opportunity to join us at Cisco headquarters for a design thinki...