cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SR2024 .V3 Firmware / Surge

austinortega
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so we had a switch get taken out by lightning.  It gives a green status light but nothing else.  i replaced a blown cap and then, your gonna love this, rub a paperclip across some of the connections which does a soft reset and then it works great until it looses power.  im looking for firmware and a way to access this thing since it has no com port and it dosent appear to have an ip.

if anyone has firmware for this thing it would be much appreciated.

if anyone knows why i cant see the ip it would be much appreciated.

4 Replies 4

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Austin,

Your Great, I gotta admit i would try something like what you have tried myself. 

But the SR series are unmanaged switches.  I would think only the guys in the Factory would be able to upload softawre into the UNMANAGED switch.

I will follow this thread, as I'm sure a lot smarter folks will offer suggestions.

regards Dave

Thanks for the support David, i appreciate it!

i made a video showing the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3CJP2dvHPQ

Hi Austin,

That video is amazing, it demonstrates the temporary work around.  You gotta wonder why there is a two pole switch template in the switch if it wasn't , as you suggested some sort of reset switch.  But normally you would never need to reset a unmanaged switch to factory defaults, just pull the power.

I think your software in the unit is fine, otherwise the switch wouldn't work. lets see if anyone has any ideas.

I really hate the thought of throwing anything away if it may be salvaged :-).

good luck and regards Dave

me too.  i really would like to get this working, obviouosly it wouldnt be trust worthy for

production but as a tester or a temp solution, it would be great.