cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2024 no web gui

aaron.quinto
Level 1
Level 1

We have a brand new SRW2024 v1.3. It came with firmware 1.2.2b on it. I can get the login screen, but after authenticating, I don't see any info. I get the html frame information, but the individual frame pages are not displayed. I tried this with Firefox 3.5, IE 8, and Google Chrome, and on 2 different computers. I found a reference to changing the username from "admin," but that didn't help. I tried adding 2 other username, but neither one of those worked either.

The console connection works great. This is what I used to try and re-load the same firmware. I don't believe I can use firmware 1.2.2 and 1.2.2b is the latest available from cisco.com.

I can't figure out why this wouldn't work. We have 3 more of these at another site, but I won't have access to those until next week. Is there anything else I can try?

Aaron

32 Replies 32

Lionel,

I am attempting to reproduce the issue here in cisco, so we may determine a work around. Could you please provide me with some additional information?

Are you using the SRW248G4 or SRW248G4P? As well, what version number, this can be found on the product label on the back of the device, after the product name, denoted by a "v" then a number. If you do not see a version number, that is alright, but it may be important to check. Additionally, what firmware is curently loaded? The latest firmware for the SRW248G4 is 1.2.3.0, while the latest firmware for the SRW248G4P is 1.3.1.

Lastly, does this issue occur with the default configuration of the switch? If not, it could help to send me your current switch configuration.

Thank you,

Matthew McFadden

Best of Luck Matthew, the SRW248G4 may be different to the SRW2024 - but with that, it's easy just don't use Microsoft's rubbish and then nothing, zilch, etc.

Not impressed, especially when a few months after I posted on here the switch stopped working completely as a switch and the nice man at Cisco said, "Oh, that happens sometimes".

You're probably better off buying elsewhere is how I now look at it.

If only Apple made switches.  I didn't think I'd be in the position to be called an Apple Fan Boy, but "It just works".

Cisco - you have something big to learn here.  You can't just put things in the market place and not worry about it at all - "Just because you're Cisco".  Look how Microsoft are falling!

Stephen

Matthew,

Sorry for not answering you before.

This is because, I've buy another brand of switch to definitively solve the Web GUI problem (I now have a real Web GUI and not the Cisco "IE6 GUI").

If this can help other users, I use:

SWR248G4 (no "P") v1.1 and I upgraded it to firmware 1.3.0 (maybe I've make a mistake by upgrading, as you say 1.2.3.0 is the latest for this model ?)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X