cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRW2048 Switches

rbwoodwardjr
Level 1
Level 1

I inherited a network based on the SRW2048's.  I see that they are end of life and warranty support ends June 2012.  It appears that there may be paid support available after this date, though it is unclear. I do not see any firmware updates published since 2009.  All signs point to diminishing support. Are other updates availalbe or planned, or is the expectation that businesses will move to newer hardware instead? And what is the deal on support after June 2012?

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Robert,

Yes no updates are planned for these switches, i would guess the expectation is to leave your switches into existing networks unless failure or if your business is planning on expanding;then i would look into covert existing switches over to new ones. The biggest thing is as newer browser version comes out, the browsers won't display certain feature sets and cause configuration of the switches tougher. If no big expansion/configuration is needed then you shouldn't have any problems.

Date of 2012 is the last day of phone support on these switches.

EOL/EOS link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps9967/end_of_life_notice_c51-632243.html

If level of support is concerning then yes it’s time to consider moving over to the new switch line.

Biggest thing is the conversion from Linksys a division of Cisco branded, now to Cisco Manufactured branded products.

New model of SRW switches (SG300 Series)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10898/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X