cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

CISCO SWITCHES FOR SMALL and MEDIUM BUSINESS

Introducing the next generation of Cisco Small and Medium Business Switches. Cisco is refreshing its SMB Switch portfolio. Click here  to learn more.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

SRW224G4P Switch Not Responding

For quite some time I haven't been able to access the web-ui for my SRW224G4P switch.  The other day I had to shut everything down and when I brought everything back up the switch powered up and you can see the network activity lights on the front.  It stopped responding to all network activity.  I plugged in the console cable to maybe try a reset and when I boot up the switch HyperTerminal displays the following:

Image Loader 1.0.1
Loading Diagnostic Image File : SRW224G4P_SRW248G4P_boot.bix
Diagnostic 1.0.1
in

That is all it does, nothing else.  Am I missing something here?  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Beginner

Re: SRW224G4P Switch Not Responding

Hi I have the same switch, with the same issue! This switch has been changed by cisco (about 6months ago in warranty) in a previous lack on the same switch model... At the moment the switch is up and the traffic isn't stopped, but I am afraid and i can not access by web and the switch doesn't respond to ping request...

Any solution, suggestion?

We ran into the same problem a while back. The only way we were able to get the switch back online was to break the

boot sequence, restore the switch to factory default, and restore a backup of the configuration. Hope this helps you folks.

Participant

I would suggest that you give our Cisco Small Business Support Center a call at 1-866-606-1866 and let us open a case for you and try to

determine what is going on with the switch.

THANKS