Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stacking SG-500 issue

Hello,

we have a stack with two SG500-52 and we already bought a new sg500-28 to add a new element in the stack.

Unfortunately when we connect the switch in the stack port nothing happens (the port remains down).

Is there any issue regarding the stacking with switches with different number of ports?

When we connected the new switch to a stack with two sg500-28 ports, the link goes up and the everything is ok.

Thank you

BR

Vincenzo

3 Replies 3

Ashok Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

These switches are compatible for stacking, refer to below link. If your cables are okay, it could because of faulty GBIC modules.

Cisco 500 Series Stackable Managed Switches Data Sheet

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-500-series-stackable-managed-switches/c78-695646_data_sheet.html

- Ashok

************************************************************************************************************

Please rate the useful post or mark as correct answer as it will help others looking for similar information

************************************************************************************************************

Hi Ashok

thank you for fast reply. we used the same gbic and tried to connect to all of two sg500-52 switches without success.

BR

Vincenzo

Hi Ashok,

another test done was on a stadalone SG500-52 native stacking connected to another switch with the port GE49 and GE50.

The connection is not stack and I can see the other switch in CDP.

Can I use also port S3 or S4 to stack my new SG500-28?

Thank you

BR

Vincenzo