cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

static IP addresses SF 300-08

WUMLCE915
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to set static ip addresses to each port on at sf 300-08? If so, it would be helpful if someone can point me in the right direction on how to do it.

1 Reply 1

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Derek,

Thank you for participating in the Small Business support community. My name is Nico Muselle from Cisco Sofia SBSC.

I'm not sure what goal you are trying to achieve by configuring a static IP on each of the ports. However, I can tell you that you cannot assign IP addresses to individual ports on the SF 300 series switches.

What you can do however, is create VLANs and assign an IP address to each VLAN, then you assign the port to the VLAN. This way, each individual port could have a "virtual" IP address. Note that the switch has to be in Layer 3 mode for this and that if you want to enable traffic between the ports, you will need to enable inter vlan routing either on the switch, either on the router connected to the switch, otherwise traffice between ports (VLANs) will not be allowed.

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Best regards,

Nico Muselle

Sr. Network Engineer - CCNA - CCNA Security

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X