Views
Helpful
Replies

steps to enable L3 mode of SGE2000 switch

seniorTshoot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a SGE2000 switch firmware 3.0.0.18 , I want to know the steps to make the switch operate as L3

thanks

2 Replies 2

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to telnet or connect a console cable to the serial port.

from the menu based text interface you will get on your terminal enulation once logged in, you change the mode to Layer 3.

jo

Thanks alot for your help ,

I succesfully make the switch operate as L3 , But Now I need your help in something else ,

my topology is

I need to make every switch from 1 to 6 in an individual operation, i.e for example : users on switch 1 connect each other but can not connect with user on switch 2  , and all users must connect to internet and servers . also there is a connection between servers and BCM must be available .

I suggest use the feature of PVE on the SGE2000 switch , by making the ports to every switch PVE and other ports normal .

or using Vlans by create a vlan for every switch and a vlan for servers and use routing between vlans , but this switch support only static routing ,does this switch SGE2000 can achieve my Goal ? and how can make routing between Vlans using this switch ?? should I use static routing or something else ?? and How ??

please give me your consultation about this topology?