cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange behaviour of CAM Table in SG300-28

nataliogatti
Level 1
Level 1

We have two SG300-38 switches, both updated to the latest firmware (1.1.2.0), and both experimenting a strange problem in the MAC Address Table. It seems that the switches can not learn mac address, or forget too quickly the MACs learned.

The switches have a very basic configuration, just some vlans, but the problem is consistent across all vlans. Whenever we start a file transfer, we can see (and we confirmed it with packet captures) that the traffic is flooded among all the other ports.

To test it, we added some statics MACs, and the traffic destined to those MACs is switched correctly.

Please, is there anything I can do to stop this behaviour? It seems that we have gone back to Hub's time!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Natalio,

This firmware fixed some issues with MAC address tables. Factory reset switch and reconfigure and then test. I have seen a few problems when upgrading to latest 1.1.2.0 without factory resetting switches - 10% cases have to factory reset.

Jasbryan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Natalio,

This firmware fixed some issues with MAC address tables. Factory reset switch and reconfigure and then test. I have seen a few problems when upgrading to latest 1.1.2.0 without factory resetting switches - 10% cases have to factory reset.

Jasbryan

Hi Jasbryan.

talked to support and they say the same. We are doing it right now. I'll tell you how it goes (and mark as correct answer in case it is solved).

Thanks for your response.

With the factory reset everything started to work as expected.

Thanks jasbryan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X