Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

strange network standstill SG-300

hi all

we have a production network that uses five SG300 switches that functions brilliantly most of the time. four of our switches run in layer 2 mode and the last switch runs in layer 3 as it is used to route our 7 vlans as well as routing traffic between our two gateways. the switches use the original firmware that shipped with the devices (v1 device) and will be upgraded within the next week.

the problem that we have is that the network seems to stop routing for all of the hosts after a given time. the only way to fix this issue usually is to reboot the main layer 3 switch. the main layer 3 uses a default route to one of the gateways and a return route has been applied in the gateway. the only thing i can think is that somewhere one of the devices routing tables become full and the network stops responding.

has anyone seen this before with the 300 series?

2 Replies 2

rocater
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Patrick,

How long does everything run without a problem before you notice this happening? The reason I ask is that there was an issue with the switches which caused them to stop learning MAC addresses after being up for 45-50 days. The issue was resolved in the latest firmware release.

More people (including me) reported what is probably exact the same issue.

In my case the network is then so unbelievable slow that I needed to reboot the switch. I have recently updated all our switches to the latest firmware. We need to wait and see if that MAC Address issue caused it and is now solved.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App