Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch CISCO SG250-26 - DHCP Server - PPOE User

Dear all,

I just bought a CISCO SG250-26 26 Port Gigabit Smart Switch and I would like to know if it is possible to setup a DHCP Server on the Switch or do I have to by a router to set some static IP to my devices on the Network.

Another point is about the PPOE user, is it possible set it up on the Switch? 

Thanks All the best

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The SG250 series do support DHCP client-only mode and DHCP relay. The DHCP server functionality is available on Sx350/550 series switches so you'll need a router or 350/550 model switch to utilize the DHCP server. On the other hand, PPPoE may be implemented on your Internet-facing gateway device like xDSL modem or router. Sx250/350/550 switches are not NAT devices, therefore, can't act as residential gateways for your internet connection.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can setup a DHCP Server in the model of switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw7tI1tAhMo

here is admin guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf_sg250/admin_guide/AG_Tesla_250.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The SG250 series do support DHCP client-only mode and DHCP relay. The DHCP server functionality is available on Sx350/550 series switches so you'll need a router or 350/550 model switch to utilize the DHCP server. On the other hand, PPPoE may be implemented on your Internet-facing gateway device like xDSL modem or router. Sx250/350/550 switches are not NAT devices, therefore, can't act as residential gateways for your internet connection.

Regards,

Martin

That's it, there is no DHCP Server on Switch SG 250

Thank you very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X