Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch is not learning mac addresses

jdesplenter1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've seen this thread already before and had this already once before with this type of switch. 

My SG300-20-20 needs a write operation (like copy run start) before it start functioning as it should When connected via the serial I'll see it completely booted but my PC's of different type (MAC, Win, Laptops, Desktops) do not receive an IP address from the switch. Although you see the lights on the switch and on the ethernet cards lightening. On top of this the status of the OS of the PC shows connected but no IP address is received.

The switch itself does not have the mac address neither.

When executing the command : copy run start , on the switch immediately all machines recieve their IP and start functioning. But on the other hand the communication remains slow. Slow in terms of its capabilities 

3 Replies 3

Alex
Level 1
Level 1

alternatively solutions: 

1) Reset switch to factory default and re-configurations.

2) Upgrade firmware via download from cisco

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283019616&softwareid=282463181&release=1.4.0.88&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Very unhelpful reply.

Hello,

I think there might be several things going on so the best would be to open ticket with Cisco Small Business Support team and work with one engineer:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleksandra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X