cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sx300 switches: ssh client from the CLI?

romainboissat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks!

The embedded telnet client is OK but what about a ssh client? It could be a very useful feature for debugging remote servers or network appliances in a secure fashion.

I understand the overhead concerning the image size and CPU usage, but it seems that both the flash memory and the CPU could handle ssh client integration. Naturally, it as to be fully compatible with IPv6 in dual stack enabled environment.

Any insight from the Cisco community?

3 Replies 3

romainboissat
Level 1
Level 1

Bump. Am I the only one to be really interested in such a feature?

Thanks to anyone showing some support here

Hello Romain,

I am sure your not alone in the want to securely connect to other devices from within our switches. At this time the feature is not available, and there are no plans to implement in the very near future that I am aware of. It is a feature I would like as well as an engineer, but it looks like it will not be made available for a while at this point.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Hi Randy,

Well, it is not a critical feature, but I firmly believe that it would be a great value in comparison to other vendors

Thanks for the follow-up!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X