Views
Helpful
Replies

Time-range scheduling of power to PoE port

h1pp13p373
Level 1
Level 1

Aloha!

I am trying to get time-range scheduling working so that a PoE port is turned off for 1 minute each day to bounce a device plugged in.

In testing, I was able to get the time-range to work by setting a periodic to come on for 1 minute. I watched the poe go from disabled to Delivering Power, then off again. Woot!

My challenge is that I want to have the port go OFF for 1-2 minutes each night. I tried doing 2 periodic schedules like so:

ciscoorange(config)#time-range GE3_on
ciscoorange(config-time-range)#periodic list 00:00 to 02:59 all
ciscoorange(config-time-range)#periodic list 03:01 to 00:00 all
ciscoorange(config-time-range)#end

ciscoorange#sh time-range
time-range GE3_on

periodic list 00:00 to 02:59 all
periodic list 03:01 to 00:00 all
ciscoorange#conf
ciscoorange(config)#int gi3
ciscoorange(config-if)#power inline auto time-range GE3_on
ciscoorange(config-if)#end

Then, I went to the gui and could see the time range and recurring range were there and under poe settings, I can see the time range active for the port, however the port did not shut off at night. The voip base's uptime didn't jive and the switch log didn't show the port going down and up.

I'd sure appreciate some advise!

Also, is there a way to show the recurring range's association with the port from cli? The only "show" commands I could find show the time range and recurring range, but not the association with the poe port.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
interface BLAH
energywise level 0 recurrence importance 70 time-range GE3_off energywise level 10 recurrence importance 70 time-range GE3_on

Kindly create another ACL to turn the POWER OFF.  (I know, the system should be able to turn itself off if the time range exceeds the time configured but that's now Cisco thinks.)

Thank you Lee, but I don't have the 'energywise' commands available on this model of switch.

ciscoorange(config)#int gi3
ciscoorange(config-if)#ener<I typed ? here and nothing, also tried tab, nothing>

This isn't an acl either, it's a time-range for a PoE port...  I'm not sure I understand your answer.