cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunking Multiple Vlans with SLM2024

scottiecole
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having some issues getting 3 trunked VLANs to work properly. My setup is I have a Cisco 2960 that is trunking from one Our main building 1, to a switch at building 2 and then going to a switch at building 3. Due to the connections between building I need to send multiple Vlans over the same connection. Below is the config from the port on my 2960 I have configured.

interface GigabitEthernet0/3
switchport trunk allowed vlan 30,130,133
switchport mode trunk

I then went into the SLM2024 at building 2 and created the VLans and set them as tagged on the incoming and outgoing ports. I then went to the SLM2024 at building 3 and set the VLans up and tagged them on the inbound port and made specific other ports access since the client will connect to those ports.

My issue is that I can't seem to get anything to pass. The only time I get anything to pass is when I change the PVID to 30 on the switch in building 2. That will allow the users on VLAN 30 to work, but the users on VLAN 130 & 133 do not work. If I change the PVID back to 1 VLAN 30 stops working.

All VLANs are created on all 3 switches.  Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Below is a rough sketch of what we have.

Thanks,
Scottie

VLANs.jpg

3 Replies 3

tcsillag83
Level 1
Level 1

That should work all right. Could you post screenshots from the SLM vlan configs? If it's some trivial error, maybe we can spot it.

Cheers,

Tamas

Thanks for the reply here are the screenshots from the SLM at building 2:

VLAN Port Settings

Interface G1

Interface G2

Here are the screenshots from the SLM in Building 3:

VLAN Port Settings:

Interface G1:

Interface G2:

Interface G3:

Interface G4:

Let me know if these work or if you need any more screen shots.

Thanks

Okay, got it!

On Building 3, remove the 1U (untagged) vlans from ports g2-g4, and assign the
untagged vlan ID as PVID on those ports. Like:

g2: untagged 30, PVID 30

g3: untagged 130, PVID 130

g4: untagged 133, PVID 133.

It should work like this.

Cheers,
Tamas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X